18 October 2014

Submissive in Love Spotlight!

 Brie Bennett is a submissive in love, but a chain of events will lead her on an unexpected journey around the world. A haunting dream, along with Tono Nosaka’s disappearance, forces an unplanned trip to Japan where tragedy, duty and the allure of Kinbaku take center stage. Brie discovers an enchanting new side to the gentle Master and the compelling reason for his silence.

This first novella of Brie's Submissive in Love series takes you on a tantalizing journey to Tokyo: a land of tradition, beauty and seductive rope play…


Adult Material (18+)
Warning: This book contains sexually explicit content and scenes that some readers may find objectionable.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22825730-brie-s-tokyo-tryst

Being a fan of Ms. Phoenix, I was really excited when I heard that she was once again starting with Brie’s newest series!  I couldn’t wait for this release because I just wanted to find out what journey we were going to be taken on next.

I did love how we were able to spend more time with Tono, and even though everything was happening with him, he still had such a forceful presence that it was great to read.  It was also really fun to learn more about the Japanese culture, and you could tell that Ms. Phoenix did some intense research for those parts of the book.  So for that I give her mad props!

I thought that the story overall was really good, it just felt like *something* was missing.  I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but I just didn’t get the same feeling as I did with the other Brie books.  Even with that, it didn’t take away from my enjoyment of the story and I can’t wait to read more into this new series!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Brie Bennett is not prepared for the surprises and delights that await her in Denver. An unexpected encounter uncovers Master Anderson’s past, while a sweet reunion with Baron complements the provocative scene she must film with Ms. Clark. She also discovers that Lea has a mysterious new friend – a person Brie was fated to meet.

In this second novella of the Submissive in Love Series hearts will be tested, desires confronted and bad jokes shared as Brie explores Denver’s darker side…

Adult Material (18+)
Warning: This book contains sexually explicit content and scenes that some readers may find objectionable.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23196961-brie-s-denver-desires

I have to say, that this book was one of the funniest books that I have read in quite some time.  Lea and Brie together are just insanely funny that you couldn’t help but laugh at their antics sometimes.  I did enjoy getting to spend time with some of Brie’s old teachers, and getting to learn more about the new training facility that Master Anderson has started up.

Now while I did enjoy the laughter and joking that was happening during the story, I do personally think that it did overtake it quite a bit.  By that I mean that when there were serious conversations happening, I was waiting for the joke to happen because that had been the case with the beginning of the story.

It was fun being able to catch up on some of the characters from Ms. Phoenix’s other series, even though they played a minor role and I don’t really think that you need to read the other series to fully understand this story.  Ms. Phoenix does give enough information that you have an understanding of what had happened.

I am really enjoying this new journey that Brie is on, and with the way that Ms. Phoenix ends this part of that, I can’t wait to find out what happens next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment