13 October 2014

Secrets of Neverwood Spotlight!

 Three foster brothers are called home to Neverwood, the stately Pacific Northwest mansion of their youth. They have nothing in common but a promise to Audrey, the woman they all called mother—that upon her death, they would restore the house and preserve it as a home for troubled boys.

But going home is never easy.

Cal struggles to recover from past heartbreak, while Danny fears his mistakes are too big to overcome. Devon believes he may never break down the barriers that separate him from honest emotion.

On the path to brotherhood, they discover the old mansion holds more than dusty furniture and secret passageways. Audrey’s spirit still walks its halls, intent on guiding “her boys” toward true love, and an old mystery stirs up a new danger—one that could cost the men far more than just the house.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21953555-secrets-of-neverwood?ac=1
One Door Closes

This was quite an enjoyable read for me, especially since I love the “lost love” type stories.  And that was really the case with this story.  It was also a very emotional read for me as well.  We learn a little bit about the three foster brothers who are brought back to Neverwood, but this story itself focused on Calvin and his past/future. 

One thing that I completely loved about this book was Calvin’s character, and how he had what some would consider a dark past.  I loved how the author showed that just because you have been treated for a psychological disorder, that doesn’t make you any different than anyone else, and that you shouldn’t hide from it either.

The relationship that formed between Calvin and Will was one of my favorites so far this year.  I love how it wasn’t rushed, their relationship formed at their own pace and there was nothing wrong with that.   This part of the series really made me want to read the next one!
 The Growing Season

While I loved the first book in this boxset, I didn’t completely enjoy this one quite as much.  And don’t think by me saying that that means that I didn’t like it, I did I just didn’t love it as much as the other. 

One thing that I did enjoy about this story was Sam’s character.  I thought that he was extremely well written and a perfect match for Danny.  Sam’s showed a lot of strength and courage in this book, and I do love that with characters.  He was more the strong silent type, and that worked out great for him.

I did also like being able to find out more about what was happening with the house, and what the brothers dreams are for it.  I think that it was great that even though this was Danny’s story, we were still told about Calvin and Will, they didn’t just disappear into the background. 

Learning more about the brother’s themselves was also a great treat.  This part of the story really does leave you wondering what is going to happen to the final brother, and I can’t wait to start reading it.
 The Lost Year

I think that out of all of the stories, this was the most emotional of them all.  What Devon had been dealing with in his past, and finding out that his actions did in fact have consequences, was such a great read.  I know that sounds horrible, but really it was written in a way that you could tell how badly he was feeling for everything that he had done, or hadn’t done as well.

The duo of Devon and Nicholas has to be one of the strongest couples that I have read in a long time.  They are both searching for something, and no matter what they aren’t willing to give up that search just yet.  I liked how during their search, they also found more than what they were looking for as well. 

In this part of the boxset, you learn more about healing and accepting.  Accepting that you can’t change the past, and healing from the past as well.  This story gave me great hope while reading because there was so much happening, so much love and emotions coming off the pages that you couldn’t help but cheer the brothers on while reading it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment