28 January 2015

Wolf's Sacrifice (Pack of Light #2) by Draven St. James

 Sean Maddox has one basic goal: to protect the Northwest Pack. That priority helps him stay grounded—until the day the pack rescues Liam. Suddenly Sean is finding any excuse to be around the sweet, blind shifter. But trying to focus his thoughts on keeping Liam safe and not exploring the whole laundry list of carnal fantasies he's been having is anything but grounding. It doesn't help that Sean's wolf makes it damn clear it believes Liam belongs to him.

From the first deep breath of Sean Maddox's intoxicating scent, all Liam wants to do is strip naked for the sexy beta and let the wolf claim him. Hiding away his desires seems like the best plan, given after a lifetime in captivity Liam is just learning what it means to be free. What does he know about being a mate? More to the point, would Sean even want him if he knew the truth?

As Sean and Liam struggle with their growing craving for each other an old enemy steps out of the shadows. With secrets lurking and fate twisting two worlds together a sacrifice must be made, but can the two mates live with the consequences?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24270644-wolf-s-sacrifice?ac=1
This was a sequel that I wasn’t expecting, but when I found out it was released, I had to jump on the chance to read it!

I really want to say right from the start that I was so glad this book was about Sean and Liam!

As much as I enjoyed the first book in this series, I completely loved this one.  I thought that Ms. St James did a great job at bringing these characters back to life, and adding more mystery and suspense to everything that was happening to capture your attention while reading.  Liam was someone that you couldn’t help but to love and as we got further and further into the story, my love for him just grew even more.  He is the complete honest to goodness hero that this series needed, and it was great following along as he discovered his strengths, and his love.

I really felt like Sean was a great match for him because he was strong when he needed to be, a softie when he needed, and a complete jerk when he needed to be as well.  (And yes, there are times when he is a complete jerk but it is totally justified!)

I also liked how Ms. St James added a lot of action and suspense in this story.  There were times where I felt like the story was going one way, yet I was totally backwards.  But that just made the story that much better.

Overall, I would say that if you enjoy paranormal M/M, then you really need to check this story out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment