01 February 2015

Cassandra Carr Spotlight!

Hockey jock and English Lit major Brendan knows he’s gay, but hasn’t come out to anyone, fearing a possible backlash. Then he’s tapped to be a TA for a hot professor and feels an immediate connection. Now he must decide how much he’s willing to risk to score the ultimate goal.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24015054-the-eloquent-jock
The first time I had read this story was when it was part of the Campus Cravings bundle.  I thought it was really well written and a story that I could really sink my teeth into. 

After Ms. Carr did the additional parts to the story, I thought that the story went from really good, to great.  I feel like she was able to take a story that didn’t really need any serious closure, and she brought some extra information into it.  The new ending of the story was really great, and it was nice to be able to catch up with the guys.

Overall, I did still enjoy the story and I can’t wait for more from Ms. Carr in the future!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clay's home for some R&R after a Special Ops mission goes terribly wrong. He's been interested in BDSM for a while, but has never gathered the courage to check out a club. When he finally does, Clay gets the surprise of his life. His best friend and first love, who he hasn't seen since he took off for the military, is there. Even more shocking: Flynn, like Clay, is gay. Flynn's not about to let Clay vanish into thin air like he did when they were in high school and is determined to show the man the freedom found in submission. Can Flynn help Clay find his true self?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24015111-civilian-master?ac=1
I had read the original version of this story when it was part of the bundle, and I did enjoy it quite a bit then.  But then, when I read the new words that Ms. Carr added?  It totally made the story so much better than I had thought that it would!  It was the final ending that I didn’t know I wanted, until it was there.

I really love the relationship between Clay and Flynn, and I really loved how Ms. Carr took the time to explain what is expected in a D/s relationship, especially with a newbie like Clay.  Some authors will just gloss over that, but Ms. Carr takes the time to explain things like that.

The relationship between the two men was done so well, it was so realistic and lifelike that I couldn’t help but be drawn into it.  I couldn’t get enough of these men and, while usually I want more from characters in the future, which these two?  I’m perfectly happy with how their relationship has worked out!
Cassandra Carr is a multi-award winning romance writer. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out online. Cassandra's books have won numerous "Best Book Of" awards and her novella Unexpected Top was nominated in the E-book Erotic Romance category of RT's Reviewers' Choice Awards.

She thinks the best part of being a writer is penning stories about love and sex while most others struggle with commutes, micro-managing bosses and cranky co-workers.
Email: AuthorCassandraCarr AT gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment