03 February 2015

Rough Justice (Sinner's Tribe Motorcycle Club #1) by Sarah Castille

IT TAKES A GOOD, STRONG WOMAN

Raised in a motorcycle gang, tough, beautiful Arianne Hunter has always dreamed of a normal life. But no sooner does she escape her father’s domineering grasp than she wakes up to find herself in a rival gang’s clubhouse—at the mercy of the dangerously sexy Jagger Knight.

TO TAME A MAN WHO’S HELL ON WHEELS.

The alpha leader of the notorious Sinner’s Tribe, Jagger Knight is all muscle, all biker, and all man. But somewhere inside this hard tattooed outlaw, Arianne senses a kindred spirit—and she can’t ignore their tempestuous attraction. Can she beat him at his own game in a revved-up blaze of glory? Or will their passion spark a war that’s the end of the road for them both?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21853688-rough-justice?ac=1
I have found a new MC club to obsess over! I love the Sinner’s Tribe and Jagger rocks!!! Oh my goodness, not only is the man an Alpha male, possessive, protective, loyal, sexy as sin, but he also has a sense of humor. He is as serious about his club as any President I’ve ever read about before, but then man knows when to laugh. His sense of humor that added a twist to an MC read I’m not used to, but certainly enjoyed. Rough Justice is a gritty, action-packed ride that has just the right amount of drama, justice, intrigue, bloodshed, and romance that it kept me glued to my Kindle for eight hours as I devoured the book. Oh what a wonderful Sunday read!

As much as I lusted for Jagger, I loved Arianne. She is everything I could have wished for and more as Jagger’s counterpart. Arianne grew up in the MC lifestyle and hates it with a passion. Her father is a vicious man and President of the Black Jack’s MC club. Her goal is to get her and her younger brother out of the country, and start a new life where they’re out of their father’s reach. When her plans backfire and she finds herself at Jagger’s mercy, her whole world shifts as she’s found something – or someone – who gives her cause to stay. Arianne is a Bada$$ with a capital “B.” Because of how she was raised, she doesn’t cower in front of the Sinner’s Tribe, but she also respects the club’s hierarchy and bites her tongue in public several times when what she really wants to do is rail at Jagger. Both are extremely passionate people, and that definitely flows over to the bedroom. While Ms. Castille can certainly write some scorching sex scenes, she doesn’t inundate the reader with sex scene after sex scene. Based on conversations, it is clear that Arianne and Jagger are very active and because we don’t witness every one of them, it makes the scenes we are treated to that much hotter.

Along with all that passion comes the ability for Arianne and Jagger to hurt one another and they most certainly do. The emotional toll they exact from one another at times, especially when Jagger is trying to push Arianne away, is brutal. Of course their romance occurs at the same time war breaks out between Sinner’s Tribe and the Black Jacks, Jagger has to deal with dissension among the ranks, the club has been infiltrated by a mole, and threats are made against Arianne’s life. And somehow Ms. Castille makes this constantly expanding storyline mesh seamlessly. I absolutely loved the time I spent with the Sinner’s Tribe MC and cannot wait to read the next book in the series, Beyond the Cut, because I’m anxious to see Dawn deal with Thor (aka Cade) and I really want to know more about Banks.
Well I had never read a true biker book before this one so while it made the book longer I am very glad there was so much time spent introducing the reader to biker culture and lingo.  I had NO idea there was such a parallel between werewolf packs and outlaw motorcycle clubs. No wonder there are so many biker wolf pack books.  There is so much world building and introducing a huge cast of characters and defining the biker culture that it took a while for the main plot line to really pick up, but man once it did it was non-stop. 

I know I am kind of repeating myself here I am glad we weren’t thrown into this book like halfway through because I really don’t think I would have enjoyed it as much without experiencing the whole story.  The main characters Jagger and Arianne were simply amazing. It was really interesting to find out what made these two the way they were.  Arianne is an amazingly strong and independent woman by necessity not choice and for her to let her guard down to let Jagger into her heart was a major step for her.  Jagger feels as an outlaw motorcycle club president he cannot form relationships with women without putting them in danger, so he resists his attraction to Arianne. Watching these two powerful and stubborn individuals trust and fall in love with each other was amazing. 

I was so happy when I saw that this was the first book in a series because I have fallen in love with these characters and I want to watch all of them find love.  I am really interested in Dawn and Cade’s story and can’t wait to read it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment