10 February 2015

Run With The Moon Tour Stop!

Two species that have always kept themselves separated are about to collide and create a new world.

Humanity almost managed to do itself in. Ravaged by wars and plagues, the human population on earth has been bordering on extinction, although pockets of people have been forging on over the past few hundred years. It’s a hard life, and one Aaron Olsen fears he doesn’t fit into. As a son of a village leader, there are pressures on him he can’t manage, and things he keeps hidden, desires he doesn’t know how to express that keep him up many nights as he worries over them.

Valen is an alpha, born with the crescent moon mark on his chest. It means he’ll have to leave the pack he was born and raised in. It is the way of the wolf, and the only way to prevent it is to fight his father. Valen has no intention of doing such a dishonorable thing. He leaves as he’s supposed to, only to find himself the victim of thievery. When he hunts down the party responsible for stealing his belongings, Valen finds himself attracted to the human Aaron Olsen.

Now, if they can only survive their own pride and insecurities, and an attack that threatens everything they love, they just might have a chance at happiness in Valen’s Pack.


Reader Advisory: This book contains scenes of light BDSM.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24012975-run-with-the-moon?ac=1
I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again… M/M shifter romances are HOT! While this is only the second book of Ms. Bradford’s that I’ve had the opportunity to read, it won’t be the last. As the first book in a new series, Run with the Moon does a great job of creating the world in which Valen must build his pack and the dangers and obstacles that he faces while doing so.

Marked at birth as an Alpha, Valen has dreaded the day he would be forced to leave his home to build his own pack. As the only alternative would be to challenge his pack’s current Alpha to a fight to the death, he knew departure was his only option as he loved and respected his father too much to challenge him. Shortly after leaving his father’s pack, Valen encounters the first humans he has ever seen and while the pack keeps itself isolated, the main reason he has never seen a human before was because most were wiped out due to disease and war. Although he does not fear humans, he does fear his body’s response to one of the males in the group – not because he is attracted to a male, but because he is attracted to a human. When circumstances put him and the human in close contact, Valen finds that his attraction to Aaron intensifies and Valen is unable to keep his hands to himself. Unlike Valen, Aaron is frightened by his attraction to Valen because he doesn’t want his secret to get out as he would be forced to leave home. But being with the sexy shifter may be Aaron’s only chance to find out what it’s like to be with a man and agrees to spend the night with Valen. And boy was it HOT as both men chose to make the best of their limited time together. But when the morning comes, both men are resigned to letting the other go. Until Valen detects a mutual enemy and comes to the aid of Aaron’s people both to offer protection and to claim vengeance for his former pack members.

I loved the chemistry between Valen and Aaron and was so glad that Valen didn’t have the hang-ups about being with a human that I initially feared he was going to. That Aaron was so accepting of Valen and his early shifter claim of them being mates was a nice break from angst. I found the hesitancy from both groups – human and shifter – to be reasonable, yet appreciated that they were both willing to listen to and accept Valen and Aaron’s judgments regarding one another. As I said, Ms. Bradford does an excellent job of laying the foundation for the series while at the same time presenting a storyline that is specific to Valen and Aaron. The author infuses plenty of sexy fun times and relationship development along with one heck of a battle scene that served to keep me glued to my Kindle. I am looking forward to the next book in the Valen’s Pack series and really, really hope that it’s Rivvie’s story. 
Howdy! I’m Bailey Bradford and I write gay erotic romances. There’s sex. Sometimes lots of sex. It just depends on what’s going on in the story. However! Just because I use words like dick, cock, and asshole doesn’t mean that’s the only way to write erotic romance. But I’m not here to chat about any of that.

Nope. I’m here to share a new series I’ve got coming out, Valen’s Pack! Book one is Run With the Moon, and it’s got a little BDSM in it, some spanking for example. And there’s shifters. Yes, got to have a post-apocalyptic shifter series because I hadn’t tried that yet and was intrigued by the thought of giving it a shot. I love writing, I love challenges, and I was a little scared but mostly thrilled to start this series.

 And I love it.

Now, since it’s post-apocalyptic, I thought, how about a Top Five of things I’d miss the most if everything modern went bye-bye. Only five things? Holy crap. I’d miss a lot more than five things. I’m not going to count people, because my people are going to survive the apocalypse with me. And books, they’re making it, too. But—no electronics. Okay, there’s the first thing.
1.) Electronic devices. I’m pretty sure I’d go through a severe withdrawal period. This would be bad, folks, very bad. No cell phone, or laptop, or desktop, or  microwave, fridge, stove, no tablet, or Kindle or Nook or—ACK! That’s hell!! I’m sweating just imagining it. And no air purifier. I might seriously keel over.
2.) Food choices. Yes. No restaurants or fast food places? No microwave meals? NO COFFEE! Oh hell, that deserves a number of its own! Sure, I might have some around I could use for a while, but then what? I don’t know how to make coffee…where to get coffee beans, and water could be an issue. Oh wow. I’m not liking this post-apocalyptic thing. It’s making me sad.
3.)      No vehicles. Once gas ran out, I wouldn’t be traveling much at all. Hiking for fun is so totally not the same thing as hiking for survival. Crap. Maybe, if I saw the apocalypse was coming, I’d be able to get everyone together and hoard resources and hide somewhere safe. But that’s unlikely. I’m just screwed here. I love my road trips. It’d hurt to lose them.

4.)     Writing? I’d still do it, but I have carpal tunnel. Oh! No medical care? There might be doctors and such who survived, but…they wouldn’t have the medicines they needed, the equipment. Yeah, this is looking worse every second. I could write in notebooks, but how well would paper hold up over time? What do y’all think about gay erotic romances carved into cave walls? I’m not the best artist. If I had to do it in picture form, people would look at it and probably ask why there was a three-legged spaceman riding a goat. You know I’d be drawing big dicks all over the walls too. And balls. Balls are fun. 
5.)  I’d miss everyone I’ve met and I chat with online. That would totally suck. I’ve met so many incredible, loving, funny, fantastic people online, from countries all over the world. I’d miss them all.

I’m pretty happy living in the present! What would you miss?

A native Texan, Bailey spends her days spinning stories around in her head, which has contributed to more than one incident of tripping over her own feet. Evenings are reserved for pounding away at the keyboard, as are early morning hours. Sleep? Doesn't happen much. Writing is too much fun, and there are too many characters bouncing about, tapping on Bailey's brain demanding to be let out.
Caffeine and chocolate are permanent fixtures in Bailey's office and are never far from hand at any given time. Removing either of those necessities from Bailey's presence can result in what is known as A Very, Very Scary Bailey and is not advised under any circumstances.

0 comments:

Post a Comment