25 March 2014

Uncovering You Tour Stop!!

UncoveringYou_TourBanner     510-uncovering-you-1
When I wake up in a dark, unfamiliar room, I have no idea what's waiting for me in the shadows. My imagination conjures up demons of the worst kind.
Reality is much worse:
A collar with no leash. A prison with no walls. And a life stripped of meaning.
I am presented with a vile contract and asked to sign. It outlines the terms of my servitude. The only information I have about my captor are the two small letters inked at the bottom: J.S.
Armed with only my memories, I must do everything I can to avoid becoming ensnared in his twisted mind games. But in the end, it all comes down to one choice:
Resist and die.
Or submit, and sign my life away.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20512700-uncovering-you?ac=1

Normally I do not read parts. serials, increments etc., as I like a full complete novel at my disposal. This one however came through to review and is part of my favorite genre, dark romance, so I snatched it up as the next part will be out in April (10th-20th depending where you look-and YES I looked) and that isn't all that long to wait, right? Well, after reading this, it is definitely WAY too long to wait as I want the rest and I want it now! *lays on ground, stomps feet, and cries like a four year old). The author makes a note that each volume is a fully contained story and contains a climax and a conclusion, which this one does, but it definitely leaves you wanting more. I literally started at one in the morning, thinking I would read a couple chapters and finish it up in the morning since it is a shorter story. Well, at 3:30 when I reached the last page, I had to stay up for another hour and let my imagination run rampant with what would happen next.
So just as a brief description, in this book we meet Lilly. She wakes up with a collar on in a room with a pillar. Yep, that is all I am going to tell you. LOL That should be enough for you to add this one to your wish list. We go through the time line of a few weeks with her although the prologue teases us with a time frame of a year after her abduction which just makes me want more of this book, in case that wasn't clear enough before. I enjoyed the writing style and the little teasers in the front tremendously and CANNOT wait for the next. This is definitely a series and author that I highly look forward to reading more from.

The author is taking the approach of giving us novellas, which will be released every few months, to tell her story.  Uncovering You is the first in this series and focuses on the female character Lilly Ryder.  You will see how she ended up in the situation she finds herself in and her determination to get out of this alive. 
She wakes up in a cold expansive room connected to a marble pillar.  Her memory if fuzzy of the events from the night before, but she is clear that this is not a good situation to be in.  As she tries to piece together the puzzle that has become her life, we see flashbacks from when she was a kid, her relationship with her mother and how she ended up in Palo Alto with no place to live, no job, little money and no one to call and ask for help. 
Giving up a year of her education at Yale for a once in a life time job, she finds that she let down her guard and has now come face to face with a man who is willing to only settle for one of two things.  Either she signs the contract to be his personal assistant in ALL matters of life, or she is going to starve to death in this room alone. 
Since Lilly has not seen the kidnappers face, she only has the letter that was left for her to go on.  We watch as Lilly searches her memory to find out why those initials on the letter remind her of something.  Once she has it all put together she knows who is holding her against her will by a shock collar.  She also knows what she had heard regarding his business and his plans before she ended up in that room.  She has to make a decision, sign the contract and give him five years of her life, or die alone from starvation.
The author did a very good job giving us the character of Lilly.  We were able to see the kind of woman she is and just enough determination was shown to prove the next few books are going to be intense.  Lilly won’t go down without a fight.  I am going to assume since the identity of the kidnapper was not disclosed till the end, we will be able to get to know more about him in the next novella.  While this is a short book, it was packed with a lot of useful information we will need to understand the character and the author set the scene for this story.  I am looking forward to the next installment in April and I really feel that the intensity is going to only rise from here.  


I do love me a dark romance story. While this one isn't particularly sexy, I think the next part is going to be and boy I can't wait.

This part of the story is a FAST read. I read it very very quickly because I just couldn't put it down and it flowed extremely well. 

Lilly's character is a tough and I LOVED that about her. She wasn't willing to just give in and do what he tells her to do, whoever he is. She woke up in a cold dark room with a collar around her neck only to discover that she can only venture so far from the beam that she woke near. If she goes too far, she gets a horrible shock. 

Her captor uses food and light as a way to try to break her down. This book is all about manipulation and survival. I can't WAIT for the next part of this story to see how things evolve and what happens with Lilly. 

2
Scarlett Photo
I live near beautiful Seattle, Washington. I grew up reading all types of fantasy books before discovering the wonderful world of romances in high school. Now, I spend most of my time writing about sexy men and the women who love them.
Uncovering You Release Day Banner

0 comments:

Post a Comment