06 October 2014

Girl of Vengeance by Charles Sheehan-Miles

 In the third and final book of the Rachel's Peril trilogy, prepare to have everything you thought you knew turned upside down. In the first seven days of this trilogy, everything changed. Now Andrea and Dylan are on the run and the Thompson Sisters are fighting to understand what has happened to their world.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20600409-girl-of-vengeance?ac=1

As an avid fan of Charles Sheehan-Miles’ books, I think I’m used to being upset with him.  It’s something I’ve just kind of accepted. I love him, but he KILLS me.  I’m nearly guaranteed that a book of his will cause me anxiety, perhaps panic, I may most definitely cry…but I will also love every single minute of it.  I could not devour this series fast enough.  Let me just warn you now, you should have all three books in this series purchased and ready to read one after the other because you will not want to wait. I had to wait.  And I hate waiting.
This is the suspenseful and satisfying conclusion to Andrea Thompson’s story.  This is the book where all the puzzle pieces come together and I have to tell you, I could not have been more shocked at my feelings about the characters and how much they changed throughout the course of this series.  We find out whom, and why, the Thompson family has been embroiled in such a tense and deadly game of cat and mouse.  It goes waaaay beyond what I would have expected.  I don’t want to give away too much here, but suffice to say it’s a satisfying ending to the series.
I’m not sure how he was able to do it, but the thing that struck me the most about this series is how all of the little details really came together.  So many times in stories like this, you have so many things going on with so many characters, it doesn’t all get resolved.  It all gets resolved here.  This was one of those books for me that I both couldn’t wait to finish and yet never wanted it to end.
Another thing that I really loved about this series was how it changed my perception of characters that I thought I had made my mind up about long ago.  Adelina and Richard were the biggest surprises for me.  Plus, finding out more about the relationships between the sisters and the absent and mysterious Andrea was quite intriguing.  Not to mention, Andrea is a freakin’ bad mofo!  She was like part genius, part ninja, part warrior, part 16 year old girl.  She was amazing and completely believable despite being so completely awesome.  I kind of hope one of my daughter’s turns out to be this cool, but I hope they don’t have to do it under the pressure of being hunted by someone attempting to murder her.
Overall, I enjoyed the hell of this series, and this last book totally and completely lived up to my expectations.  If you’ve not read any books by Charles Sheehan-Miles, I highly suggest you pick one up and get started!!!  He is, hands down, one of the most talented storytellers I have had the pleasure of reading over the last few years.  5 stars.
Charles Sheehan-Miles has been a soldier, computer programmer, short-order cook and non-profit executive, and is the author of more than a dozen fiction and non-fiction books, including the indie bestsellers Just Remember to Breathe and Republic: A Novel of America’s Future. He is a member of The Authors Guild and the Association of Independent Authors.
Charles and his partner Andrea Randall live and write together in South Hadley, Massachusetts.
I write about things I’m passionate about: love, romance, war; addiction, remorse, guilt. I write about the things that terrify me and give me joy. I write about life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment