08 October 2014

Tangled by Emma Chase


 Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed?

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating.

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life?

Can Drew Evans win at love?

Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing he never wanted in life, is the only thing he can’t live without.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18297707-tangled



It's been a little over a year since I've read this book and had to go back and reread it so that I could read the others in the series. After rereading Tangled I really don't understand why I've only read it the one time. I absolutely love this book. I don't usually enjoy books in which the main character talks to the reader, but Ms. Chase does an excellent job with the way she has Drew tell his story. And there is no doubt about it, this is Drew's story and his unflinching honesty is what makes it so enjoyable.

Drew has no qualms about how he lives his life. He plays hard because he works harder and he's honest about his intentions with the women he hooks up with. While I understand that Tangled is written by a woman, the book's dedication makes it clear that Ms. Chase obtained the male perspective when developing Drew's character and my experience with my male friends is why I found Drew so believable. And for the record, yes it is possible to have male friends – I tend to bond well with my friends’ husbands and because I don’t shock or offend easily, they get rather comfortable in what they say to and around me and it has made for some rather enlightening conversations over the years. Drew’s unflinching honesty is what makes him so realistic – he says and does stupid stuff, he will make you laugh, he will frustrate you to no end, he will excite and stimulate you, he will make your heart ache, and he will make you fall in love. Or at least that’s what he did for me.

I had so much fun watching Drew fall in love with Kate that I cannot believe I forgot how much I enjoyed it the first time around. Tangled has been added to my re-read list and I can only hope that I enjoy Twisted just as much as I will begin reading that momentarily. As much as I loved being in Drew’s head (and I REALLY did), I am looking forward to getting Emma’s perspective. Scratch that, Holy Frigging Matrimony is up next – I thought I could skip the short story but it appears that I cannot, but I’m not complaining because I get to spend a little more time in Drew’s head.
By day, Emma Chase is a devoted wife and mother of two who resides in a small, rural town in New Jersey. By night she is a keyboard crusader, toiling away the hours to bring her colorful characters and their endless antics to life. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.

Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment